Code of Conduct for Club Officials and Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All club officials and volunteers must:
- Develop an appropriate relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Ensure all activities organised by the club are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those take part.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the National Governing Body and the Club.
- Ensure the club holds appropriate insurance cover for its members
- Ensure club officials hold appropriate qualifications relevant to their role.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain person benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.